Sunday, September 5, 2010

Molly Barainca has arrived!!

September 4th, 2010 brought another sweet baby into our family - Molly Barainca. Shalene and Jim are the proud parents, and we are the proud grandparents of #14 of Huffaker grandkids. We are so happy to get another girl as they have been in the minority. Now we have 9 boys and 5 girls.....wow! Here she is!!

Now keep watching......wait for it......wait for it! Black hair! We are tickled and amazed!


Here's Molly and brother Max (with aunt Calli)


And grandma and Molly


My mom, Lorraine Wray,
passed away in 2005. She loved to sew and was a fabric saver.....she just couldn't throw away anything!! We found in her giant amount of fabric, a ziploc bag of pastel and white fabrics cut into six inch blocks, ready to be sewn together. But, she never quite got around to it. So with the help of my sister Pam, we made a quilt to give to our oldest sister Ronda. Here's the picture of it.


After we had put that quilt together, there were still enough pink and white quilt blocks left over to make a cute baby quilt for a girl. Pam said, "Here Candice, you take them, you'll probably have the next girl grandchild." So I did! And I put this quilt together for Molly, knowing that my mom is smiling down from heaven because she got to know Molly even before we did.
To MOLLY BARAINCA:
Great Grandma Wray cut these squares with great care
Before she retired to the Heavens above
Knowing a sweet little girl just like you
Would join in this family with love.

I'm sure that before you left Heavenly arms
She gave you a sweet little kiss
Saying, "Wrap yourself up in that blanket so small,
And remember me, dear little miss."

Welcome to our family, Molly!

8 comments:

Bonnie and Kirk said...

Okay, I'm teary. That is so sweet! She is so cute and I love the black hair. I always thought that is what my babies would look like!

Peg and Parker said...

Couldn't help wiping a little tear. Your mom would love that you gave that little quilt to Molly. That was sweet and I should've known better than to read the little poem. The baby is darling and the blog so cute.

With Love, Bobbi said...

Molly's a dolly!- so glad you finally posted a pic of your quilts! Love it and love the poem! Look who's the talented one!

Shelli said...

Candice, that is the cutest ever! I love that sweet little poem about Mom, and that Molly can have a blanket from her stash of fabric. Molly is adorable. Congrats on some of the cutest grandkids ever!!!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

i luv her name...sweet baby girls! i am luving the hair! the quilt is, well, priceless. im sure grandma wray is just giddy about you sisters finishing up some of her quilting projects :)

Debbie said...

This Debbie McKinnon looking at your blog. How fun!

Lori Taylor said...

Congratulations on the sweet little granddaughter. I love Molly's cheeks. I too had a tear from your sweet poem.

Shelli said...

Where have you gone? I have missed you!!! (I know you are a busy grandma and all, but I miss your cute, clever posts.) Love ya, sis.