Monday, December 28, 2009

Quilting mania!

















I never really thought of myself as a "quilter", but I guess
that's what I've come to be. I started out just making tied baby quilts for my new grand-babies, but since my neighbor of 22+ years (who is THE quilting madam) has been mentoring me, I have increased my quilting skill level. Here's some pics of quilts I've made in the last few years. I always put names on the quilts for my grand-babies.










My mom was
"saver of all fabrics", no matter the size of the scrap. When she passed away, my sister Pam just
could not give away her fabrics. So....as years have passed, we've started making memory quilts from her fabrics. I have been the designer and fabric cutter. My sisters have helped with the sewing. I just love these quilts!! Thank you Pam for wanting to hold on to those memories.


2 comments:

Kaylee said...

glad to see you updated your blog...it's fun to check into you and your girl's lives...

With Love, Bobbi said...

well shut my mouth cause its on the floor!!! (cause you posted!)

The quilts are awesome gorgeous and beautiful. I am happy to see them on your blog since I never got to see them in person (he he )

That pic of you and your sisters is PRICELESS! Your mom is smilin' in heaven knowing her scraps brought you together.