Friday, June 11, 2010

VHS to DVD Project 2010 is underway!

Last summer I got a new computer, bought a digitizing program for a Mac, purchased a Terabyte hard drive and started transferring my old VHS tapes to the computer. I wanted to edit excess footage out and get our family movies in a medium we could watch and enjoy.

I ran into some problems, then school started and not one more thing happened. I've now started again during my summer break and I'm relearning about IMovie and all the other crazy things that happen, don't work, and give you problems while doing a project.

I started a new blog where I will be journaling the things I learn, the problems I hopefully solve, and post some short clips of fun things I find. Just hop on over from this blog. It's called VHS to DVD Project 2010.

Here's my latest short clip starring Kirk, Shalene, Kyle, and Eric in 1988. Grandkids should watch this!

2 comments:

Bonnie and Kirk said...

That was pretty cool mom, I need to show you how to upload video to youtube and then embed it into your blog...the video is much better quality and you can make it much bigger inside of your blog. Makes a big difference...

Shelli said...

What cute kids! I was always impressed that you could get your kids to sing....Not something I've been able to accomplish! But I love how you are converting these to DVD. That's awesome!!