Saturday, October 22, 2011

Really, I'm a Quilter?


I do not consider myself a quilter. No, I'm a dance teacher. That's what I am. Yes, I've always enjoyed sewing, cooking, fun physical activities, but a quilter? No, not me. But the thing is, I keep making quilts! Here's a link to look at some earlier quilts. Some are memory quilts made from my mom's stash of fabric.

Here's some of the latest quilts.


As you can see, this one is for Molly Barainca. This quilt is named "Bzzy-Bee".

Here she is with her matching "petal" dress that I made her. What a cutie!



Adelaide Huffaker (Brock and Jesica's first baby) got her quilt from Grandma Candice and here she is with Grandpa wearing her "Harley" onsie.


This quilt turned out so awesome! This is from my mom's stash of fabric. The pattern is called "Louisiana Pinwheel". My sisters and I started it two years ago, and I finally got it sewn together, bordered, quilted, and bound. We named it - "Where there's a "Wheel", there's a "Wray". Shelli came up with that clever name!


And here is the newest grandchild, Luke Marvin Huffaker, born to Kirk and Bonnie. He is number 16 of our grandchildren. This is his little quilt called, "Hot Diggity-Dog".

So, my sisters and I got together just last month in September when we took a trip to see Brock and Jesica at their new home in Lehi, UT. We also had a "Mini Wray Reunion" at Ronda's house and it was just great to see so many of the young mom and dads with their cute little ones. What great parents they are!

We started another quilt with mom's fabric of Light Blue. Here's what went down. Fun! Can't wait to get it finished.




















1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

oh . . . you are MOST DEFINITELY a quilter.
i love the black gingham binding on molly's quilt.
darling.
remember the good old days when we had quilt group?
i really miss that!