Sunday, January 24, 2010

Re-Cycled Christmas


Our Christmas Theme this year was
"Something bottled, Something Baked, Something Old that You Re-Make"
Here are a few things that I made this Christmas.

These PJ bottoms for my grandkids were made out of fabric I had in my "stash" of materials OR out of old t-shirts. I made 13 pair and it was crazy but fun! I wish I had a pic of each of them. The ones made from t-shirts had to be just the right screen print to go down the side of a leg and they were so easy to sew! Serger only.....easy.....and no side seams. My son Eric screen printed the t-shirt tops for our whole family.






Here we all are in our "Re-Cycled Christmas" t-shirts...

This was a drawstring back pack I made from a t-shirt and sent to my granddaughter Kindel who lives in Lake George, New York.


I made hot pads from leftover fabric, some Christmas fabric, and old levis. My sister, Shelli gave me the idea from her blog.

This is also her "Believe" stitching pattern that I stitched onto a dishtowel wrapped around a loaf of bread to give to my friend. Shelli has so many cute ideas! You can check out her blog here.

And then here's the quilt I made for Brock out of old Huffaker t-shirts and two of his t-shirts from his mission in Hungary.

I hope everyone had as Merry of a Christmas as we did. Families are the best!!



4 comments:

Shelli said...

Candice! I'm so proud of your blogging goal! This will be so fun to see your family and your projects. I love how your recycled Christmas turned out! I still plan to blog about that, but I guess will have to wait until next season. Love you!

Peg and Parker said...

I love your Christmas theme and that you were such a great cheerleader for all my projects too. Thanks for the inspiration and then blogging about it!

With Love, Bobbi said...

Such cute "old things". Embroidery now that's something I haven't done in years! You are sooo patient!

With Love, Bobbi said...

Went to Shelli's blog- cute stuff. BTW- did I tell you how much I love that pic of you and steve on the right side....♥♥♥