Sunday, April 11, 2010

Springtime Visit From my Sister

My sister Ronda and her husband Bob came from Salt Lake City to visit for a week. Fun times!
Our first adventure was to the Desert Botanical Gardens

And here we are next to the statue of ST. EARTH WALKING!
Sunday dinner with all my kids and grandkids (minus Kirk's family), so they could visit with their Aunt and Uncle. This first table was decorated in honor of the recent trip to Mickey Mouse and Disneyland.




One other thing I did the night before they came was recover my old, stained, and worn chairs. Yeah! Old has become new again! (Why is it I always wait for vistors to come to our house to finally get projects done....hmmm....the procrastinator in me)



Other fun activities we did:

  • Easter Pageant
  • Shooting range
  • Reata Pass Restaurant (don't ever go there - not worth it)
  • Dinner at home with great conversation!
The last afternoon, Ronda and I spent four hours shopping....it was painful!! All we were looking for was a spring/summer shirt - you know, not long or 3/4 length sleeves, but at our age, the sleeves can't be too short either (that yucky arm syndrome) and FINALLY after no luck at the mall, we finally found matching shirts at VF Factory Outlet. Who knew?


So sad to see them leave!!














2 comments:

With Love, Bobbi said...

having trouble keeping up with your frequent massive blogging now! HA! 4 words- take me with you (VF Factory outlet)Very cute pic of you and Rhonda together.

btw-Love the tablecloths, they worked out great!

Cath said...

Sistas! You two are so cute in your matching shirts. I love the pics of all those gorgeous grandkids. You're awesome to blog Candice. Keep it up!