Sunday, May 2, 2010

Best I Can Be Challenge



Three months ago, my friend Bobbi (hope she's okay with me stealing this pic off her blog)
talked me into joining a challenge group called "Best I Can Be". (She's always talking me into stuff--let's not ever forget canning salsa last summer--that one didn't work out too well). Anyway, we joined. It cost us each $10 and we had ten challenges to do each day. You got one "free" day a week. The honor system was in place and you could earn up to 10 points each day. The person with the highest points at the end of the three months would earn most of the money. $590 was in the pot! Wow! Well....it turns out that 8 ladies all got perfect scores, including my friend, Bobbi. So they are splitting the pot 8 ways. Congrats to her!!

Well, today is the last day of the challenge. I did quite well, but not perfect except for maybe two weeks. But I had high points of 68 or 69 consistently. I just want to send out a big thanks to Julie, who organized the challenge, and to Bobbi for talking me into it.

I lost 11 pounds over the three months. Those were pounds I have been trying to get off for nine years! I'm so excited about it. A combination of many things of the challenge helped: drinking 48 ounces of water a day, eating two servings of vegetables and fruit each day, not eating after 8:00 pm, no sugar or fast food (but one free day keeps me from going crazy!), and exercising 45 minutes each day. The combination helped me WIN at something I've tried to do for years!!


(These are just pics of me doing school stuff at New Horizon-can you even tell I'm a little skinnier?)

I've also written in my journal for three months. (I'm still not a fan of journal writing). And I've read a ton of inspiration things. All my Ensigns, church articles, scriptures, self-help articles and some great books. It's just amazing what you can read in just 15 minutes a day.


And I've discovered the Fly Lady.
This was a side trip while discovering inspirational things to read. She is going to help me get some major de-cluttering done.

Anyway....the challenge is over. What am I going to do now? Anyone want to do it for the next three months?

2 comments:

With Love, Bobbi said...

Congrats to you Honorable mention! How HONORABLE! Btw- cute pics in SKINNY jeans!

Shelli said...

Candice, that is wonderful!!! Congrats on the weight loss--you look terrific! What a fun challenge. You know me---I'm always up for a challenge. I'd love to do something like that for the next three months. I've got my same 11 pounds I've been trying to lose for the last 6 years hanging on too. Are you organizing it? :) If so, I'm in! Love ya, sis!